Friday, April 27, 2012

This semester has been a great experience. We have done so many different activities, that I know I can and will use them in my classroom. I've learned so many new things through activities, stories and assignments, that I have a lot of things that I will be able to take with me. This semester has helped me define myself so much more as a teacher and in learning ways that I want to become a more successful teacher.

Probably one of the biggest things I've walked away with this semester, is a bigger understanding of how much students today, bring home life with them to school. Through my observations this semester, I've come to know a great group of kids. These observations have been the first true group that I have really connected with and it was the first that it really hit me, just how much students come to school with home life situations. We talk about different things in our college courses about how students come to school with various backgrounds, but it really doesn't hit until you hear first hand from the student, the different things that they are dealing with at home. That happened to me this semester. After hearing one student's home and background life, I came to the realization that these students really do have various and sometimes difficult backgrounds. I walked away this semester with experiences that I am much more grateful for.

I also walked away from this semester with a much higher and more appreciative feeling for my classmates. I had the privilege of walking with my classmates for the last two semesters, and a few classmates a little longer than that. We have come to know each other so well, that we have not only laughed with one another, but cried with one another. I have made some great friends through this learning process that I know I will be taking these friendships with me the rest of my life. They have taught me to be myself and have also shown me things about me that I didn't even know I had in me. I will never forget our fabulous group of people and I know that we will all be great teachers in the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment